Client: Nottingham Trent University
Project Brief: Conversion of existing Grade II listed building and provision of new music school
We were appointed by Nottingham Trent University to design and deliver a scheme for conversion of a grade II listed building into ceremonial hall for the Nottingham Trent University. The project also included the demolition of the existing extension and construction of a new music school and a bar and restaurant.
The original building, most recently used as a synagogue, was constructed in 1854 to designs by Thomas Stimpson and a large rear extension was added in 1976.
Located on Shakespeare Street in Nottingham City Centre, the conversion required the team to work closely with the planning officer and conservation officer to ensure essential services and restoration had minimum impact but achieved a high-quality result.
The historic features were restored with respect and modern features carefully integrated to ensure it works perfectly for its prime use as a Graduation Hall.
Discreet integration of modern services and equipment plus painstaking restoration have preserved the appeal of the building, retained the charm of the building’s heritage and will inspire graduates passing through for many years.
The scheme achieved BREEAM ‘Excellent’ for the new build and for the refurbishment of the grade II listed building.
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Thank you.